Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

SatNERDay on Sunday

Stephani and Beard were on vacation, so no farmers market WHICH MEANS I have the time to work on all those projects I start and never finish.  And watch Doctor Who all weekend.


Seriously, so much Doctor Who action.

ANYWAY,  I've had this head floating around for a while now.  It started out as a Nick Fury amigurumi, but I forgot and gave it two eyes.  =__=



Rather than wasting a perfectly good safety eye, I decided to practice my hair skills.  Which are limited considering i've never done it before.

Thanks to google, I found this tutorial: EssHaych Amigurumi Hair Tutorial

And ended up with this fancy, hairy lady project.  PLEASE ENJOY AWKARD PARTIAL BALD HAIR POSITIONS.  I honestly had too much fun with this part.  Might have been why it took all afternoon...










I had made a little crochet beanie to go with it, but with all that hair it doesn't even come close to fitting... I thought about making a new one, but then I stopped.

I also started a little red panda!



He still needs ears and a tail, but I love him already.  I haven't decided if he's going up on the shop page or not..

Also!  (I say also a lot, it'll get worse, believe me) It was Beards birthday this week and I made him something with some sticks and string and bits and pieces.  I can't tell you what it is, can't spoil the surprise before they get home to see it!  Unless he reads this and guesses what it is...

ANYWAYS, see what we're up to by checking out our Facebook or see what we've got for sale on our Etsy

--H

No comments:

Post a Comment